Friday, December 18, 2009

Good Bye 2009

What an action packed year it has been!
2009 has felt like the year of foundations, time to build things up, time to commit full time to the creation of art and performance and recognition for myself and those artist I work with that all the work is worthwhile. Here are a few highlights for me from the past 12 months;

Suite 16 Studio
It's time was short but so inspiring. Get the Balance Right and How to be a Lady were born there and many lovely evenings sipping red and watching the world go by on the window sill will stay in my mind forever. It was an honor to share the space with the incredible artist and very talented stylist Ramona Telecican who is going from strength to strength with both her business and her creations.

The Time is Now
For myself and many artists friends something clicked this year, something that said it is now or never. Was is the GFC or was it just that the time was right, nearly everyone I know either wrote a new show, created a new piece of art, started that business idea they have always been thinking about etc pretty much a universal biting of the bullet.


RevoltMelbourne
Special props need to go to
Ryan Hodge and Tim Fulton who I think have trumphed us all in the bitting of the bullet with securing the lease on a 500 Capacity venue in Kensington which we will launching in 2010 as the newest and shiny-est year-round arts hub/live music venue/festival centre... seriously Melbourne watch this space!!

I learnt to be a Lady
writing, producing and performing my first ever solo show was the funest and most terrifying thing I have ever do
ne and I am so proud of the product. I had a dream Melbourne Fringe season and am busy organising the 2010 touring of my baby to
Adelaide Fringe (The Austral Hotel), Melbourne Comedy Festival (The Forum) and Edinburgh Fringe Festival (TBC). I'm truly living the dream.

and last but certainly not least...

The finding of Atlantis
I was also really proud of Mr Kai Smythe and Tim Mager a.k.a The Minstrels of the Revolution with their first full narrative show 'In Search of Atlantis' which won the 2009 Melbourne Fringe / Melbourne Cabaret Festival Professional Development Award....not bad for a first effort! They will also be on tour for 2010 so watch this space for more updates on their epic adventures!!!!

Thanks to everyone who had a part in the amazing year that was 2009 and here's to even greater adventure for 2010!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment